Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

by J.K. Rowling | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingAbi-Gibbywing of Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on 4/16/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingAbi-Gibbywing from Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Picked up in local charity shop as they were having a book sale

Released 5 mos ago (4/3/2019 UTC) at Movie Sweepstake, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Now off to the winner of the movie sweepstakes

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

***Please Note***

Journal Entry 3 by wingFemke85wing at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden on Friday, May 10, 2019
Thanks for this book! I already read this one, it was actually the first book I read in Swedish when I moved to Sweden. I used it to learn new words. Not sure how useful it was that I expanded my vocabulary early on with the Swedish words for wizard, muggles, witchcraft and quidditch :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingFemke85wing at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden on Monday, August 19, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (8/19/2019 UTC) at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden

sending to the winner of the movie sweeps

I always try to post my controlled releases with real stamps. If you are not a collector yourself, you might want to check out this post on the forum about a stamps sweeps that I’m currently organising (sign-up still open) or this one about Bookcrossers who collect stamps. A lot of Bookcrossers collect stamps for charity, so it’s nice to find them a good home!

Journal Entry 5 by gillsil at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, August 24, 2019
Received from Femke85 as the winner of the Movie Sweepstakes - thank you so much!
I have seen the film (more than once) and read the book - in fact I used to use passages from it when I was teaching to show the children how to write descriptively 😊
I’m definitely up for reacquainting myself with this first Harry Potter book!