Making History

by Stephen Fry | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by DubaiReader of Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on 4/15/2019
Journal Entry 1 by DubaiReader from Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Monday, April 15, 2019
In Making History, Fry has bitten off a rather meaty chunk by tackling an at first deceptively simple premise: What if Hitler had never been born? An unquestionable improvement, one would reason--and so an earnest history grad student and an aging German physicist idealistically undertake to bring this about by preventing Adolf's conception. And with their success is launched a brave new world that is in some ways better than ours--but in most ways even worse. Fry's experiment in history makes for his most ambitious novel yet, and his most affecting. His first book to be set mostly in America, it is a thriller with a funny streak, a futuristic fantasy based on one of mankind's darkest realities. It is, in every sense, a story of our times.

Journal Entry 2 by DubaiReader at Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Tuesday, April 16, 2019
I've been clearing out a load of books this week, my husband thinks I'm littering the place with them, but I'm hoping they will find new homes and new owners :)
Please drop a quick comment on here if one has happened your way.
I hope you have a good read!