Baba Yaga Laid an Egg

by Dubravka Ugresic | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 4/14/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, April 14, 2019
Received this as a RABCK from another BCer... sorry it was a few years ago and I didn't note it down so I couldn't properly thank whom it may be...

This book is quite unlike the regular fiction I've read. Part one and two feels like two individual stories loosely connected by an old lady called Pupa. Even the styles are a bit different. Part One is about an author and her relationship with her at times difficult mother; the tone is more somber, and will definitely strike a cord with anyone with an aging parent. Part Two is a clever, satirical and humorous story of three women vacationing at a spa.

Part three is somewhat weird. It feels almost as if the author cannot wait for a scholar to come along to study her book and cannot trust the readers to appreciate the brilliance of the book by themselves. I've learned quite a bit more about Baba Yaga, but at times, it can be boring like any literature class - must even a towel has some hidden meaning?

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Released 4 wks ago (4/24/2019 UTC) at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Leaving on the book buffet table.

Hi! How wonderful you've found one of my books! Thank you so much for checking out the journal. I would really appreciate if you can take a moment to let me know you have it now. Trust me, it'll totally make my day to hear from one of my "wild" books.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Feel free to explore the BookCrossing site, and visit our forum to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by lilith89 at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, April 27, 2019
This title was so interesting I just had to pick it up! ☺💖☺