The Book of Shadows

by James Reese | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Spriggans of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on 4/9/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Spriggans from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 09, 2004
Anne Rice stated"It's marvelous to have one so eloquent exploring and transcending the gothic genre" Diana Gabaldon remarked "vivid ... remarkably striking ...lavishly detailed an lushly written." This book did not strike me the way it struck two of my favourite authors as my rating shows. From the back cover:

"Alone among the young girls taught by nuns at a convent school in nineteenth century France, orphaned Herculine has neither wealth nor social connections. When she's accused of being a witch, the shy student is locked by with no hope of escape ... until her rescue by a real witch, the beautiful, mysterious Sebastiana. Swept away to the witch's manor, Herculine will enter a fantastic, erotic world to discover her true nature - and her destiny - in this breathtaking, dardly sensual first novel."

Well, I'm sending this one on its way shortly - as soon as I decide where I am going to release it I will enter the release notes.

Released on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at Scotia Place - Telephone Kiosk main floor in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Hope someone will enjoy this book, I'm sure someone will. As you've gathered it wasn't quite my cup of tea.