The Secret Orphan

by Glynis Peters | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingstarrdustwing of Cookstown, Ontario Canada on 4/4/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 04, 2019
From the inside cover flap:"As the Nazis' relentless bombs fall during the Blitz of Coventry, six-year-old Rose Sherbourne finds herself orphaned and under the guardianship of a Cornish farmer's daughter, Elenor Cardew. Elenor knows that the only way to protect spirited Rose is to leave the city and make a new life for themselves away from harm. But soon Elenor discovers that Hitler's firestorm is not the only thing she must fear when she learns a devastating secret about Rose . . ."

Journal Entry 2 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 24, 2019
Starting to read this book today.

Journal Entry 3 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, December 03, 2019
Finished reading this book today. It kept my interest however I felt the depth of the characters was shallow and some characters came across as being stereotypes for specific characteristics that didn't ring true. There are other authors who have written historical fiction related to World War II that I find more believable and where I have also learned more information related to history . . . this book, not so much. But there was an interesting story line overall.

Journal Entry 4 by wingstarrdustwing at Thornton, Ontario Canada on Saturday, December 07, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/7/2019 UTC) at Thornton, Ontario Canada

Passed this book on to my sister, Maranlin as I think she will enjoy reading it.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, December 07, 2019
This book was passed on to me by my sister, starrdust. Thank you so much for sharing. I look forward to reading it.