Narrative of the Captivity and Restoration of Mrs. Mary Rowlandson

by Mary Rowlandson | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by freezone of Boston, Massachusetts USA on 4/4/2019
Journal Entry 1 by freezone from Boston, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, April 04, 2019
welcome to Bookcrossing!

can't remember where I released in. somewhere in Massachusetts.

Later: I had two copies of this book, and got them mixed up. All's well that ends well. A pretty amazing story, especially that it's all true. You can still walk some of the trails that she walked along when being marched to Canada. Now considered very historic because of Mary Rowlandson.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, November 07, 2019
I returned home from vacation and the book was here. Thank you for sharing with me. Guess you didn't wild release the book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, February 21, 2021
There seems to be a lot of details missing in Mary’s account of her captivity. But as you reflect on the time period in which this was written, the reader can understand why things were left out. I wish there were some details about her reunion with her husband and what became of her children. This is a short, quick read.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (2/23/2021 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! KTM RABCK to book_drunkard to enjoy

Journal Entry 6 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Friday, February 26, 2021
Received today.

Looking forward to reading this.
Thanks for sending it my way!

Journal Entry 7 by freezone at Boston, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, February 27, 2021
So, one of the things to know about this book is that minister Cotton Mather edited it for publication after she wrote it. So, it's assumed that lots of the theological writing comes from him. And that some of the anti-Native American stuff comes from him, too, because of the changing politics of the time. You can see that she generally got along very well with her indigenous captors.

Journal Entry 8 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Sunday, February 28, 2021
Doing another journal entry on this book to move it from freezone's shelf back to mine, as it is now showing that freezone has released the book due to their new journal entry when, in fact, the book is still in my possession.