The Christmas Thief

by Mary Higgins Clark | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by DubaiReader of Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on 4/4/2019
Journal Entry 1 by DubaiReader from Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Thursday, April 04, 2019
Alvirah Meehan, the lottery winner turned amateur sleuth, teams up with private investigator Regan Reilly to solve another Christmas mystery. In Deck the Halls, they rescued Regan's kidnapped father.

This time they get in the middle of a case involving a beautiful eighty-foot blue spruce that has been chosen to spend the holidays as Rockefeller Center's famous Christmas tree. The folks who picked the tree don't have a clue that attached to one of its branches is a flask chock-full of priceless diamonds that Packy Noonan, a scam artist just released from prison, had hidden there over twelve years ago. An excited Packy breaks his parole and heads to Stowe, Vermont, to reclaim his loot. Once there, he is horrified to discover that his special tree will be heading to New York City the next morning. With a bumbling crew consisting of Jo-Jo, Benny, and an unsuccessful poet, Milo, he knows he has to act fast. What Packy does not know is that Alvirah and Regan are on a weekend trip to stowe with Alvirah's husband, Willy; Regan's fiance, Jack; Regan's parents, Luke and Nora; and Alvirah's friend Opal, a lottery winner who lost all her winnings in Packy's scam. On Monday morning when they're suppose to head home, they learn that the tree is missing, Packy Noonan may be in the vicinity, and Opal has disappeared.

Journal Entry 2 by DubaiReader at Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Thursday, April 04, 2019
I've been clearing out a load of books this week, my husband thinks I'm littering the place with them, but I'm hoping they will find new homes and new owners :)
Please drop a quick comment on here if one has happened your way.
I hope you have a good read!