Before Ever After

by Samantha Sotto | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0307719871 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingjosieriverswing of Leesville, South Carolina USA on 5/3/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingjosieriverswing from Leesville, South Carolina USA on Friday, May 03, 2019
This was a wishlist book gifted to me by Book_drunkard for Christmas.
*************
From Amazon.com/back of book:

Three years after her husband Max's death, Shelley feels no more adjusted to being a widow than she did that first terrible day. That is, until the doorbell rings. Standing on her front step is a young man who looks so much like Max–same smile, same eyes, same age, same adorable bump in his nose–he could be Max's long-lost relation. He introduces himself as Paolo, an Italian editor of American coffee table books, and shows Shelley some childhood photos. Paolo tells her that the man in the photos, the bearded man who Paolo says is his grandfather though he never seems to age, is Max. Her Max. And he is alive and well.

As outrageous as Paolo's claims seem–how could her husband be alive? And if he is, why hasn't he looked her up? – Shelley desperately wants to know the truth. She and Paolo jet across the globe to track Max down–if it is really Max– and along the way, Shelley recounts the European package tour where they had met. As she relives Max's stories of bloody Parisian barricades, medieval Austrian kitchens, and buried Roman boathouses, Shelley begins to piece together the story of who her husband was and what these new revelations mean for her "happily ever after." And as she and Paolo get closer to the truth, Shelley discovers that not all stories end where they are supposed to.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjosieriverswing at Leesville, South Carolina USA on Friday, May 03, 2019
So... I finally got around to reading this one. I have to admit, the plot on back of book was what got me wanting to read it.
Started it and was intrigued.... 60 pages later, it was time for bed (hubby and I wake up early for work). I have to admit, I tossed and turned all night!!! Could not get the characters and their stories out of my mind!! Needless to say I finished this book the next day.

WOW I don't even know what to say without giving the story away. Each character brings something to the story and without them it would be incomplete.

Of course, not everyone will find this book as enchanting and intriguing as I, but i hope you at least give it a chance.

Raying it for others to enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingjosieriverswing at -- BOOKRAY, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, May 17, 2019

Released 4 wks ago (5/18/2019 UTC) at -- BOOKRAY, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Heading off to the first participant of this bookray! Minesayn.
Participant list is found inside the book.
Enjoy!!!

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. You have in your hands a free gift. This book is yours to do with as you wish...read it, share it, keep it, pass it on. The best book is a shared book.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels around from reader to reader.

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. If you choose to join please consider using me, Josierivers or Southernfryed as your referring member.

Happy Readings!

Journal Entry 4 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Monday, May 20, 2019
Received in the mail today (May 20, 2019)...thanks Josierivers for the book that will be sent onto the next reader in this Book Ray. Love the cover with the book acting as a cover itself. Looking forward to reading it and sending it on.