The Lying Game

by Ruth Ware | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by mamagoggle of Middlesex, New Jersey USA on 3/27/2019
Journal Entry 1 by mamagoggle from Middlesex, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Not a favorite of mine, but others may enjoy it.

Journal Entry 2 by mamagoggle at BookRay, .---controlled release---. Switzerland on Monday, April 08, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (4/8/2019 UTC) at BookRay, .---controlled release---. Switzerland

Sending this book on its travels. On its way to penelopewanders

Journal Entry 3 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, April 23, 2019
This ring was waiting for me when I got back from holiday yesterday... Unfortunately, loads of work is waiting too, as well as a few other rings. Hopefully I'll be able to get to this sooner rather than later. Thanks for making this available and sending - and for confirming the BCID!

Journal Entry 4 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, May 08, 2019
I'd never read anything by this author and hadn't actually heard of her before seeing this on the bookcrossing forum, so I was glad of the opportunity to sign up. On the whole I enjoyed this, especially once I got into it. This leads to reflection on the truth and lack thereof... who is protected by lies and when does that protection wear too thin, especially when lies of the past jeopardize the present and future. I did have difficulty swallowing Isa's determination to keep her husband at arm's length (ie continue lying) throughout - for me, this does not bode well for that marriage. An interesting read anyway. This heads to France next.

Journal Entry 5 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France on Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (5/15/2019 UTC) at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France

This was transported to central France by car, and has now been posted on towards the coast. Thanks for making this book available. Enjoy, Icila!

Journal Entry 6 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Sunday, May 19, 2019
The book is here with me. There was a little mystery because the first part of the BCID was wrong on the label.
Thank you penelopewanders for the book and the PM.

Journal Entry 7 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Sunday, May 26, 2019
In any case, what it's not a lie is the fact that if you begin to read this you are in for the week-end, no matter what. I was hooked by the suspense and ... the scenery.
At the end of the book the author says that it's a tide mill in Saint-Suliac (Brittany, France) that inspired her. There are plenty of these in Brittany but I did think of the nets all over the houses in Saint-Suliac, for the benefice of the tourists. A beautiful village on the Rance Estuary near Saint-Malo.
Thank you for sharing. I w'll put the others by Ruth Ware on my wishlist.

Journal Entry 8 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Released 5 days ago (6/11/2019 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

Following the list inside the book, I send it to Lamilla. Enjoy !