Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?

by Jeanette Winterson | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 009955609X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on 3/24/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Sunday, March 24, 2019
On a wishlist... for the Convention...

Journal Entry 2 by wingApoloniaXwing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, March 30, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (4/26/2019 UTC) at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Convention wishlist surprise for you!
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Friday, April 26, 2019

Journal Entry 4 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Wednesday, July 10, 2019
A book like this is very tough to talk about. I am very fond of Jeanette Winterson's work, having read six other of her novels so far - but this one is a whole different slice of pie. The writing is in pretty much the same style I was used to, the poetic prose is vibrant and unexpected, but knowing this is a truer story than the rest made it often so painful, and so intimate and indiscreet. What I liked the most, and what I'm left with, is her acceptance of trauma as part of her story, the forgiveness towards her mothers, her understanding of past traumas jumping from one generation to the next - and, at the end of the day, the weird feeling that without this troubled childhood her identity wouldn't have been the same.

Thank you so much for sharing this book with me :) It will soon travel to the other side of the world as a wishlist surprise.

Journal Entry 5 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Monday, August 05, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (8/6/2019 UTC) at București, Wallachia Romania

Surprise! Happy reading :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingtigergirlnzwing at Napier, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand on Thursday, August 29, 2019
Oh I'm so incredibly lucky!!!! What I've read of Jeanette Winterson has made me want more more more and to get this as a surprise wishlist grant? I'm so incredibly happy, and no, I'm definitely NOT normal LOL! Thank you lamelemon!!!!