The Julius House

by Charlaine Harris | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingT02S03B11D20wing of Springport, Michigan USA on 3/14/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingT02S03B11D20wing from Springport, Michigan USA on Thursday, March 14, 2019
How Wonderful!!! You found my book and cared enough to make an entry telling me it is in your care. Thank you for that! Please feel free to read and enjoy it. After that, it is up to you whether you keep it, or set it free to seek another adventure. Please feel free to explore the site. And, if you decide to join, (which is of course, free) you may use T02S03B11D20 for your referring member. Thanks again and have a great day!

Journal Entry 2 by wingT02S03B11D20wing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, March 18, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (3/18/2019 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

A wish list tag. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, March 22, 2019
The wishlist-tag book arrived safely today - many thanks! I've enjoyed a couple of other books in this series, and as I caught the TV movie adaptation of this one a while back I wanted to read the book.

Later: Not bad - and considerably more tense than the TV-movie version, which downgraded Aurora's lover Martin from brand-new-spouse-with-lots-of-dark-secrets to just-barely-official-boyfriend-and-all-sweetness-and-light. The book also features a very tough couple with "interesting" pasts of their own, friends/co-workers of Martin whom he's employed as bodyguards for Aurora, what with his own dark past putting her at risk. Shouldn't he have mentioned that before they got married? Um, yeah... she certainly thinks so, and it adds another layer of tension to the ongoing mystery. [That said, the opening scenes about their respective wedding gifts to each other were awesome. Given that they each apparently have buckets of money, they still chose well; Martin got her the Julius House, and she went to vast amounts of trouble to buy him the old family farm to which he had a sentimental attachment. Not everyone can manage that level of gift, but the thought behind it on each side was impressive.]

The mystery itself, having to do with the still-unsolved disappearance of three family members from the house that Aurora has just bought, plays out more or less as in the movie, though I think the novel's levels of suspense - not to mention the badass teamup of Aurora and Angel, who get to do a lot more fighting than Aurora does in the movie.

Overall, a darker version of the story than the one that went on screen, but both are enjoyable.