Fullmetal Alchemist: The Complete Four-Panel Comics

by Hiromu Arakawa | Graphic Novels |
ISBN: 9781974706174 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 3/14/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, March 14, 2019
I got this softcover at Barnes and Noble. It's a collection of all the 4-panel omake strips from the marvelous manga series, and while I saw some of them in the volumes I read (starting with Volume One), I look forward to enjoying them all!

Later: Lots of fun here, some fairly obvious and some quite obscure - in that if you haven't read the manga and/or seen the anime you won't have any idea what a particular strip is about. But for fans, it's very entertaining to see favorite characters (even some of the obscure ones) and plot-elements brought out in these comics. There's some fourth-wall breaking, some rewrite-the-plot entries, some shoutouts to other series (see "Sparkle" on page 98 for a funny nod to Cardcaptor Sakura!), and some groan-worthy puns and pratfalls.

[There's an extensive TV Tropes page on the Fullmetal Alchemist franchise, with some entertaining tidbits.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Chuck Dr. in Dracut, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, May 19, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (5/20/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Chuck Dr. in Dracut, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in this Little Free Library on this beautiful day; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]