Sad Cypress

by Agatha Christie | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by LeishaCamden of Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 3/13/2019
Journal Entry 1 by LeishaCamden from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Copied from amazon.com

In Agatha Christie’s classic murder mystery Sad Cypress, a woman damned by overwhelming evidence stands accused of murdering her romantic rival, and only Hercule Poirot stands between her and the gallows.

Beautiful young Elinor Carlisle stood serenely in the dock, accused of the murder of Mary Gerrard, her rival in love. The evidence was damning: only Elinor had the motive, the opportunity, and the means to administer the fatal poison.

Yet, inside the hostile courtroom, only one man still presumed Elinor was innocent until proven guilty. Hercule Poirot was all that stood between Elinor and the gallows.…

Paperback copy from Pan Books. No idea where I got this. A thrift store at some point? Or a flea market? :-)

Journal Entry 2 by LeishaCamden at Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, March 14, 2019
I read the book recently and really enjoyed it. Poirot in fine form. :-) Like Christie's work in general, a glimpse of a forgotten era.

My friend sota48 wants this book so I will pass it on to her next time I see her. :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingsota48wing at Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, March 14, 2019
The book came home with me.

Journal Entry 4 by wingsota48wing at Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on Sunday, April 28, 2019
Another interesting Christie crime puzzle. I loved it.

Released 5 mos ago (4/29/2019 UTC) at Oslo Visitor Centre, Østbanehallen in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

Leaving the book on the shelf near the entrance.

The book is released as part of the Scandinavian "Keep the books moving 2019" challenge.