Alan The Christmas Donkey

by Tracy Garton | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 3/6/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 06, 2019
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

Google Overview
racy Garton had run the Radcliffe Donkey Sanctuary for twenty years, creating a safe haven for more than sixty sick, unwanted and mistreated donkeys. But after a devastatingly difficult winter, with sky high bills, she didn't know if she could afford to carry on - or if she had the physical strength to keep going. Then, in the first week of January, the phone rang. A donkey had been abandoned 130 miles away. Rushing to his rescue Tracy found Alan - forlorn, balding and shivering - tethered up tightly in a supermarket car park. Barely able to walk on his painfully overgrown hooves, he had been left to die. Tracy ran her hands gently over Alan's protruding ribs, and whispered in his ear: 'Don't worry boy, I won't give up on you.'

Over the next twelve months, as Tracy grappled with attacks from vandals and perilous flash floods and desperately tried to raise money, Alan gradually recovered - turning into a loveable rogue. As Christmas rolled around, Tracy was too worried about the future to enjoy the festive season. She had no idea that the shy skinny animal she'd rescued was going to give her the greatest gift of all . . . Alan The Christmas Donkey is a funny, warm and inspiring read.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, April 08, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (4/9/2019 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is on its way to the winner of the Export an Animal Sweeps, hope you enjoy it :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Alan has arrived safe and sound, on The Day of Book and Rose of all days! He brought assorted tea bags with him :) Thank you!
Do I need a hankie when reading this? I've read Down Among the Donkeys years ago, a true story about setting up a Donkey Sanctuary. I was surprised to learn that neglected donkeys really are a problem in the UK. Last summer I saw one sanctuary from a bus window when travelling in the UK.