The Dating Alternative

by Jennifer Woodhull | Romance |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 2/25/2019
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, February 25, 2019
Book Description: After her fiance walks out just weeks before their wedding, Brie isn't ready for another relationship. After her friends convince her that what's good for the goose is good for the gander, she decides to give something more casual a try. When the good-looking guy she has flirted with for years keeps popping up, she's tempted. She may not be ready for dating, but Max is happy to offer her an alternative.

Brie

Finding out your fiance is dating someone else is a real downer. What can I say? I picked the wrong guy. Gave him the wrong finger. Taking a break from dating seems like the logical choice.

There are some great things about being single. Going without... you know, s-e-x... isn't one of them. My friends are trying to convince me that there's an app for that, but it's not working out so well. There is this one guy I've always sort of flirted with, though. For the first time since I've known him, we're single at the same time. I'm so not ready to jump into another relationship, but maybe it's time to find out if this friends-with-benefits thing can really work.

Max

I have crushed on Brie ever since I first met her, but the timing was never right. Now, though, she's single and so am I. Just my luck, she's got me firmly planted in the friend zone.

When I find out she's looking for something strictly physical, of course, I offer my services—I mean, what are friends for, after all? The problem is, the more time I spend with her, the more convinced I am that she's perfect for me. I'm probably the only guy in history to ruin a no-strings-attached deal by falling for the girl.

Now, I've got to try to make her see I'm not like her jerk of an ex. If she'll give us a chance, I know we could be great together. She's under my skin, and if she walks away, she takes my heart with her.

My Review: Wow! This book is amazing. I have read a lot of romance and women's fiction and I have to say this book is a winner. The characters are wonderful to read about. The story is real, romantic, with a bit of humor mixed in. Usually in books when they switch point of view it's weird and feels choppy and takes away from the story, this book did it so smoothly. I loved being able to see exactly how both the main characters are feeling.

I am so glad that I won this book from Goodreads. This is absolutely my real review of this book.

Sending this RABCK to a bookcrosser who is also on Goodreads.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (5/7/2019 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending as a RABCK to a Bookcrosser that has this on their wishlist on BC. Sorry it took so long to get to the post office. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Friday, May 10, 2019
Thank you, very much, for sending this book my way.
I'm looking forward to reading it.