Her Royal Spyness

by Rhys Bowen | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1101207361 Global Overview for this book
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 2/25/2019
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, February 25, 2019
Book #1 in Her Royal Spyness Mystery series:

The Agatha Award winner debuts a 1930s London mystery series, featuring a penniless twenty-something member of the extended royal family.

Her ridiculously long name is Lady Victoria Georgiana Charlotte Eugenie, daughter to the Duke of Atholt and Rannoch. And she is flat broke. As the thirty-fourth in line for the throne, she has been taught only a few things, among them, the perfect curtsey. But when her brother cuts off her allowance, she leaves Scotland, and her fiancŽ Fish-Face, for London, where she has:

a) worked behind a cosmetics counter-and gotten sacked after five hours b) started to fall for a quite unsuitable minor royal c) made some money housekeeping (incognita, of course), and d) been summoned by the Queen to spy on her playboy son.

Then an arrogant Frenchman, who wants her family's 800-year-old estate for himself, winds up dead in her bathtub. Now her most important job is to clear her very long family name.

My Review: This book was a lot of fun! I don't usually read historical novels, but this one has such a fun main character heroine with Lady Georgianna Rannoch. I already requested the next book from the library.

The local library in Woodstock, Georgia was giving away this library copy and I couldn't resist picking it up since I have wanted to read this series for awhile.

Released 5 mos ago (9/7/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - Noonday Creek Trailhead in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left at the Little Free Library on the Noonday Creek Trailhead in Downtown Woodstock. This box is nice and full of books right now. Enjoy the book!