Me and Mr Darcy

Entdecke mein Geheimnis !
by Alexandra Potter | Women's Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingMissHappy71wing of Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany on 3/31/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingMissHappy71wing from Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany on Sunday, March 31, 2019
After a string of disastrous dates, Emily Albright decides she's had it with modern-day love and would much rather curl up with Pride and Prejudice and spend her time with Mr. Darcy, the dashing, honorable, and passionate hero of Jane Austen's classic. So when her best friend suggests a wild week of margaritas and men in Mexico with the girls, Emily abruptly flees to England on a guided tour of Jane Austen country instead. Far from inspiring romance, the company aboard the bus consists of a gaggle of little old ladies and one single man, Spike Hargreaves, a foul-tempered journalist writing an article on why the fictional Mr. Darcy has earned the title of Man Most Women Would Love to Date.

The last thing Emily expects to find on her excursion is a broodingly handsome man striding across a field, his damp shirt clinging to his chest. But that's exactly what happens when she comes face-to-face with none other than Mr. Darcy himself. Suddenly, every woman's fantasy becomes one woman's reality. . .

Released 1 mo ago (4/27/2019 UTC) at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Lieber Finder,

Du hast ein Bookcrossing-Buch gefunden, das in die Welt entlassen wurde, damit es neue Leser finden kann. Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn Du hier eine kurze Nachricht hinterlässt. Das ist kostenlos und kann völlig anonym gemacht werden. Du kannst Dich aber auch hier anmelden und die weitere Reise dieses Buches (und der in Zukunft von Dir registrierten Bücher) mitverfolgen.

Viel Spaß mit dem Buch und herzliche Grüße

MissHappy71

Journal Entry 3 by wingUrfinwing at Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen Germany on Sunday, May 19, 2019
Thank you, I'm looking forward to reading this!
Jane-Austen-Spinoffs for me are comforting books in times, when everyday life is hard to bear...
I missed the convention, and AndreasBerlin was so kind to play "delivery boy". This one and 6 more books I received from him two days ago, and all he got was coffee and icecream ;o)

Journal Entry 4 by wingUrfinwing at Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen Germany on Tuesday, June 11, 2019
Jane-Austen-Spinoffs for me can also be just for entertainment :o)
I packed this one for the long Pfingst-Weekend spent in Harz, and started reading it in the first night in the hotel. In the first third or so, I didn't really warm to Em as she was just a little too silly sometimes, or, it was not her but the author let her say or think things a bit too silly... anyway, as Em spent more and more time in her vacation, it got better (less silly) and today (13.6.) I finished and I got my happy resolve :o)

"What woman wouldn't want Mr. Darcy reciting poetry to them, in that gorgeous cut-glass accent of his, beside a moon-lit castle, on New Year's Eve?" p.222