Rose

by Martin Cruz Smith | Humor | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 034541232x Global Overview for this book
Registered by DubaiReader of Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on 2/24/2019
Journal Entry 1 by DubaiReader from Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Sunday, February 24, 2019
The year is 1872. The place is Wigan, England, a coal town where rich mine owners live lavishly alongside miners no better than slaves. Into this dark, complicated world comes Jonathan Blair, who has accepted a commission to find a missing man.

When he begins his search every road leads back to one woman, a haughty, vixenish pit girl named Rose. With her fiery hair and skirts pinned up over trousers, she cares nothing for a society that calls her unnatural, scandalous, erotic.

As Rose and Blair circle one another, first warily, then with the heat of mutual desire, Blair loses his balance. And the lull induced by Rose's sensual touch leaves him unprepared for the bizarre, soul-scorching truth. . . .

Journal Entry 2 by DubaiReader at Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Sunday, February 24, 2019
I've been clearing out a load of books this week, my husband thinks I'm littering the place with them, but I'm hoping they will find new homes and new owners :)
Please drop a quick comment on here if one has happened your way.
I hope you have a good read!

Journal Entry 3 by DubaiReader at Marina Mall in Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Friday, July 26, 2019

Released 4 yrs ago (7/22/2019 UTC) at Marina Mall in Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates

If you are new to BookCrossing, welcome! Enjoy the site, the book, and the BookCrossing community. I hope you'll join us...it's free! If you do, please consider using me, DubaiReader, as your referring member. You can even remain anonymous if you wish!

Thanks, and Happy BookCrossing! :)