A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters

by Julian Barnes | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by TempleCloud of Radstock, Somerset United Kingdom on 2/23/2019
Journal Entry 1 by TempleCloud from Radstock, Somerset United Kingdom on Saturday, February 23, 2019
This is a story of survival, boats, and woodworm, from the ancient past to the present day. What was it like to be a woodworm on Noah's Ark - and can woodworm be convicted of criminal damage and GBH? Is Heaven any fun if it's just a place where you get everything you want? And what exactly DOES, 'We must love one another, or die,' mean?

I first read this book as a teenager, and enjoyed it; re-read it in my twenties and wasn't sure I liked it as much. Some day, I may be mature enough to appreciate it properly, but in the meantime, I am casting this copy on the waves.

Journal Entry 2 by spacehamster at Havant, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 23, 2019
Picked up from my Bookcrossing meet at The Spring Arts and Heritage Centre today.

Journal Entry 3 by TempleCloud at The Spring Arts & Heritage Centre in Havant, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 23, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (2/23/2019 UTC) at The Spring Arts & Heritage Centre in Havant, Hampshire United Kingdom

I released this at a BookCrossing meeting in Havant. It was a very small meeting (only four of us turned up), but for me, as a very new BookCrosser, it was an unthreatening way to meet and chat to other members. PDB11 and I got on so well with Spacehamster that we gave her a lift to her job (in Southampton, where PDB11 and I have been staying while visiting my parents) afterwards. We also managed to give Spacehamster this book - but I think this still counts as a wild release, as we just put it down on the table and anyone COULD have picked it up.

Journal Entry 4 by spacehamster at Havant, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 05, 2019
Picked up from my Bookcrossing meet at The Spring Arts and Heritage Centre back in May.

Released 1 mo ago (1/24/2020 UTC) at -- somewhere in southampton in Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom

I’m staying over in Southampton overnight so I plan to release some books whilst I’m there.