The Girl in the Painted Caravan

by Eva Petulengro | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 0330519999 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingdaffodil-2wing of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 2/21/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingdaffodil-2wing from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, February 21, 2019
This is a paperback and I can't remember where I got it from.
It tells the story of Eva, born into a gypsy family in 1939. "She describes the wonderful characters in her family and vividly captures a way of life that has now sadly almost disappeared."

Journal Entry 2 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, March 01, 2021
REVIEW:-"I was looking forward to reading this book but I was disappointed by the way in which it was written. The author reported that many Romany children rarely went to school and I'm afraid this showed in her writing. She seemed to have an interesting story to tell but it was very disjointed and not very well expressed I thought.
At the beginning the author reports being able to get in to see the Beatles in 1964 to "read their hands" but after attending to George and Paul she got a phone call from her boyfriend (who had been begging her to marry him for years) saying he had arrived home. She called for a taxi to pick her up immediately and didn't bother to meet the remaining two Beatles, which struck me as very arrogant.
At that point I skimmed the book to the end."
Reserved as a RABCK for another bookcrosser who has it on their wishlist.

Journal Entry 3 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, March 12, 2021

Released 3 mos ago (3/15/2021 UTC) at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book will be soon be on a journey by post.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 4 by kirstykat at Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Thank You Daffodil-2 for a surprise wishlist book! I shall enjoy reading it, journalling it and releasing it!

Journal Entry 5 by kirstykat at Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Although it is not particularly well written on a grammatical level, I still found this book very compelling.
How fortunate to have led such an extraordinary life.
Told on more of a conversational level which carried me away.

Journal Entry 6 by kirstykat at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (5/19/2021 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Sending to Dolph1n who requested when I offered as a RABCK in the Forum.
I hope that you enjoy this chatty book.

Journal Entry 7 by wingdolph1nwing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 21, 2021
Thank you for this book. When I was a child I went to a gypsy christening party with my mum. I decided I wanted to be a gypsy. I loved their way of life. So I look forward to reading this.,