The Circle

by Dave Eggers | Entertainment |
Registered by inken of Wedding, Berlin Germany on 2/21/2019
Journal Entry 1 by inken from Wedding, Berlin Germany on Thursday, February 21, 2019
'The Circle' is a 2013 dystopian novel written by American author Dave Eggers. The novel chronicles tech worker Mae Holland as she joins a powerful Internet company. Her initially rewarding experience turns darker.

Journal Entry 2 by inken at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Thursday, February 21, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (4/25/2019 UTC) at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Ein Wunschbuch für Dschinny!

Journal Entry 3 by wingdschinnywing at Hamburg - City, Hamburg Germany on Friday, April 26, 2019
Handed to me by Physalis74. Thank you very much!

Journal Entry 4 by wingdschinnywing at Hamburg - City, Hamburg Germany on Thursday, October 24, 2019
Not great literature and the characters are not very deep but a very contemporary topic that shows how easily people are sucked into the cult of a technology that makes everything easier and more transparent. How transparent do you want to be though? I was expecting more critisism of this path that we have already embarked on. But that happens only at the sidelines.

1.7.20: Reserved for daffodil-2.

Released 3 mos ago (7/3/2020 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Hamburg Germany

Going to daffodil-2 as an RABCK. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, July 09, 2020
Received in the post 3 days ago as a RABCK from dschinny. Thanks very much. I shall look forward to reading it as it looks like my kind of book.

Journal Entry 7 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, September 05, 2020
REVIEW:-"A very clever satirical look into a very scary vision of the future of the internet and the world as a whole. Mae gets quickly sucked into her new job at the Circle, sponsored by her close friend Annie. As she climbs through the hierarchy and gets more responsibility the Circle quickly takes over her life and family and takes away her privacy and free time. All this without her seemingly having time to realise it and the effect it's having on her. I really enjoyed the story which was compelling and made me think at lot. It even made me abandon my own phone for an hour or two here and there lest I follow suit inadvertently! The story got more alarming as it went along and I was quite surprised by the ending as I was expecting a different conclusion. It was a totally scary idea hinting at wanting to have access even to the thoughts of people in The Circle which would include if you became unconscious for any reason. I know from personal experience that this could be shockingly terrifying .
I would definitely look for more titles by this author."
Reserved for another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 8 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/14/2020 UTC) at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was sent as a RABCK to another bookcrosser. Hope she enjoys it as much as I did.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 9 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 19, 2020
Thank you for the parcel of goodies daff - this looks intriguing 😊