Winnie-the-Pooh

by A.A.Milne | Children's Books |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 2/20/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, February 20, 2019
I got this slightly-battered hardcover from the ongoing book sale at the Pelham NH public library, for another release copy. (They have a great selection, and they don't have fixed prices - it's a "pay what you think it's worth" operation!)

I enjoyed the Pooh stories as a child, and have reread them with pleasure over the decades since then. From the first meeting with Edward Bear, "coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head," through Piglet's encounter with a Heffalump, Eeyore's birthday party (Eeyore is my favorite character), and Pooh's daring adventures during the flood, to the final chapter - and more bump-bump-bumping up the stairs, it still makes me smile. [As does Milne's introduction, which wraps up with "...perhaps the best thing to do is to stop writing Introductions and get on with the book."

[There's a TV Tropes page on the book, with amusing tidbits and with links to the various adapations.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Osgood Rd. in Milford, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, February 21, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (2/22/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Osgood Rd. in Milford, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2019 Becky's Hugs release challenge, in memory of Becky Johns. ***

*** Released for the 2019 Movie release challenge. ***