Black Moth

by Georgette Heyer | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winggreenbadgerwing of St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 2/19/2019
Journal Entry 1 by winggreenbadgerwing from St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Heyer's first novel, written when she was 17. Jack Carstares is accused of cheating at cards and leaves the country in disgrace, returning some years later in the guise of a highwayman. He arrives just in time to prevent the abduction of a beautiful young lady by the Black Moth, a notorious libertine who is also his brother in law. Jack's brother is married to the vain and selfish Lavinia who leads him an unhappy life. This lacks the strong female lead that I expect from Heyer's works but it's still captivating and it's amazing that she wrote it when she was 17! I especially like the amusing chapter headings.

Journal Entry 2 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (6/5/2019 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Put into the Creepy-Crawly Bookring.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Received with a lovely (and most fitting) ladybug card. Thank you!
Not really my cup of tea, it will probably continue travelling... but its cover is beautiful!! :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, June 17, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (6/17/2019 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to the next participant in the Creepy Crawlies Bookring, together with my replacement for the book I chose.

Journal Entry 5 by Winterbirth at Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim United Kingdom on Saturday, June 22, 2019
Chosen from the ‘Creepy Crawly’ Bookring.

Journal Entry 6 by Winterbirth at Southsea in Portsmouth, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 22, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (8/23/2019 UTC) at Southsea in Portsmouth, Hampshire United Kingdom

Releasing through BookMooch