A Wicked Deed

by Susanna Gregory | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 2/17/2019
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, February 17, 2019
A charity shop find set in Suffolk where a group of scholars and priests from Cambridge run the gamut of, '...hordes of outlaws on [to] the hazardous roads' making their way to Grundisburgh!

(24/07/19) I wish this was a better book; not that it's bad, but with The Name of the Rose and the Brother Cadfael series, it has some strong completion in the medieval sleuth stakes! And, I jumped part way into a series, no.5, which I don't do. I may yet go back to the beginning and find much-travelled physician Matthew Bartholemew back in his normal home city of Cambridge.

Anyway, on the positive side, the historical context was interesting in post-Black Death C14th rural Suffolk, and of course the geography is very familiar as an ex local :) The death count is pretty high for such an underpopulated area, and Gregory maybe tries too hard for the obscure and contrived, but good fun.

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan at Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, July 26, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (7/26/2019 UTC) at Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom

Passing to DD, a fellow former Grundisburgh resident! Enjoy ... please pass on to another ex-pat when you finish please.