WWW: Watch

by Robert J. Sawyer | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 110118633X Global Overview for this book
Registered by winggypsysmomwing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 2/11/2019
Journal Entry 1 by winggypsysmomwing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Monday, February 11, 2019
I purchased this book at a library book sale thinking it was one I had not read. I have not in fact read it but I already have a copy. So I'm going to release this book for the International Day of Women and Girls in Science (http://www.un.org/en/events/women-and-girls-in-science-day/). This is a cause near and dear to my heart as a retired chemist. In the first book in this trilogy, WWW: Wake, Caitlin Decter is a sixteen-year-old Canadian girl who has been blind from birth. An experimental operation gives her back sight but only images from the web. This draws the attention of an Artificial Intelligence who begins to communicate with Caitlin. I think that qualifies this book for being about women and girls in science.

Journal Entry 2 by winggypsysmomwing at Robert A. Steen Community Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Monday, February 11, 2019

Released 4 days ago (2/12/2019 UTC) at Robert A. Steen Community Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I am planning on leaving this book in the lobby. This release is for the International Day of Women and Girls in Science SSM.

When you find a BookCrossing book it is yours to do with what you like. You can read it and keep it or pass it on or if you don't think it is your kind of book pass it on to someone who might like it or release it in a spot for someone else to find like you just did. Whatever you choose it would be great if you could write a short note letting us know what new adventures the book is on.