The Language of Kindness

by Christie Watson | Health, Mind & Body |
Registered by PinnieB of Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom on 2/10/2019
Journal Entry 1 by PinnieB from Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, February 10, 2019
The author was an NHS nurse for twenty years. Her account takes the reader through the different departments she worked in and how the nursing profession is defined by kindness.

Journal Entry 2 by PinnieB at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (2/26/2019 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sent as a surprise book to a bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 3 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, February 28, 2019
Thank you so much for this surprise RABCK, it looks like just the sort of book I read. I will do my best to to get it moving again as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 4 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, June 22, 2019
I think the author was very courageous to write this candid memoir of her time nursing. I loved that she peppered the narration with medical references from global ancient texts to modern day studies. It’s pretty frightening reading, at times harrowing, sometimes even uplifting but always honest and so thought provoking! I gasped and cried my way throughout. I have an even deeper respect for nurses now. Their pay and working conditions are inhuman.

Journal Entry 5 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, June 22, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (6/22/2019 UTC) at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

Sending this Bonus Booky Compensation in a RABCK package for a fellow BookCrosser. I’ve been delayed by life in sending out my half of a book swap and spotted this on her wish list. Happy reading.

Journal Entry 6 by lexbarbie at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Received in the post as an act of kindness from a fellow Bookcrossing user who spotted this on my wishlist - thank you! :)