The Tattooist of Auschwitz

by Heather Morris | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 2/8/2019
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, February 08, 2019
A kind gift from a neighbour (duplicate Xmas pressie) ... a book I definitely wanted to read :)

(15/02/18) This is a very important book, which has the pace and story-telling merits of fiction, but it's not, and its rightly a best seller. None of the horror of the treatment of jews and others by the Nazis surprised me as i've been to Auschwitz-Birkenau and have read a lot about the holocaust. However, I think the stories need to be told to each new generation, to keep the links to existing families alive and to counter-balance the nagging voicer of the deny-ers and apologists out there.

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan at Ty Hir (Long House) bookshelf in Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, February 17, 2019

Released 8 mos ago (2/17/2019 UTC) at Ty Hir (Long House) bookshelf in Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom

I'm sure this will be a popular addition to the sharing bookshelf. Welcome to book crossing, enjoy!