by P.G. Wodehouse | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winglamelemonwing of București, Wallachia Romania on 2/7/2019
Journal Entry 1 by winglamelemonwing from București, Wallachia Romania on Thursday, February 07, 2019
The odds are stacked against Chuffy when he falls head over heels for American heiress Pauline Stoker. Who better to help him win her over but Jeeves, the perfect gentleman's gentleman. But when Bertie, Pauline's ex-fiance finds himself caught up in the fray, much to his consternation, even Jeeves struggles to get Chuffy his fairy-tale ending.

Journal Entry 2 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Thursday, February 07, 2019
This was fun. It didn't make me laugh out loud, though, and I sort of expected it would. The style is full of savour and whatever might complicate the situation will surely happen. A light and enjoyable read.

Journal Entry 3 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Sunday, February 24, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (2/25/2019 UTC) at București, Wallachia Romania

Off to 4evagreen via the wishlist tag game.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Book arrived safely. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 5 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Now I should point out that this book was written in the 1930's and as such does contain numerous racial slurs that today's readers would find distasteful. Also I should point out that I am a great fan of Mr Wodehouse's writings, usually finding myself laughing out loud in public. However, whether or not it was the racial epithets or something else I'm not sure but I do know that I found that particular tale fell a little flat for me. Maybe I have just become immunised to this kind of humour and although it did at times make me smile, in general I found it just a tad predictable.

That said and done if you are looking for a bit of escapism amongst the privileged classes with clever writing and no sex or violence then this is a fun and easy read.

Journal Entry 6 by 4evagreen at Buxton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (9/17/2019 UTC) at Buxton, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Spotted this on a wishlist so going out to hopefully make a new friend. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 19, 2019
This wishlist book arrived safely this afternoon. Thank you so much for sending it to me. I look forward to reading it.