Murder on Christmas Eve

by Various | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 2/7/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 07, 2019
Christmas Eve. While the world sleeps, snow falls gently from the sky, presents await under the tree ... and murder is afoot. In this collection of ten classic murder mysteries from the best crime writers in history, death and mayhem take many festive forms, from the inventive to the unexpected.

From a Santa Claus with a grudge to a cat who knows who killed its owner on Christmas Eve, these are stories to enjoy - and be mystified by - in front of a roaring fire, mince pie to hand.

Sounds up my street but it will get released as part of the "CHRISTMAS IN JULY" Challenge whether read or not......

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 24, 2019
As ever with a selection of short stories, I enjoyed these to varying degrees. Most were what I'd class as "traditional" mysteries, there's nothing gory or gruesome in any of them...the most shocking thing being the idea of a postman delivering on Christmas Day morning!

Released 4 wks ago (7/20/2019 UTC) at City of Leeds Museum Café in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Taking to the Leeds meet-up. if it's not taken by another bookcrosser then it will be added to the cafe's bookshelf.

Released as part of the CHRISTMAS IN JULY Challenge (#28)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

You can help us to track this book's travels by taking a moment to make a journal entry - let us know where you found it, what you thought of it or where it's going next - write as much or as little as you like! You can remain anonymous or why not join us? If you decide to join us you will receive an alert every time someone new journals the book, helping you to follow it's travels as it meets new readers.

Enjoy the book!

(If you do decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thank you)

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 20, 2019
This is one of the books I brought home from Leeds when a few local BookCrossers got together over lunch. Great fun, good to see you all!
I chose this one because I like the odd mystery and short stories can work well in some circumstances, for instance, I read the first one of these on my way home today :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 22, 2019
All short story collections are a mixed bag - and this is more mixed than most!
I'm sure I recognised some of them but that's no reason not to read them again.
Why not celebrate Christmas in July?