How to Cook Chinese Favorites

by The Cook's Illustrated Library | Cooking, Food & Wine | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Chicvolley99 of Denver, Colorado USA on 2/6/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Chicvolley99 from Denver, Colorado USA on Wednesday, February 06, 2019
I am not a fan of cookbooks with no pictures

Journal Entry 2 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (2/5/2019 UTC) at Denver, Colorado USA

Released into the Far East Bookbox

Please enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, March 03, 2019
Taking it out of the far east book box.

I admit I know how to cook all these basic dishes already, and I would normally not even take a second glance at the book were it not for the book coming from The Cook's Illustrated. This book doesn't just give you step by step guide. Cook's Illustrated loves R&D. What is a better substitution for Asian sesame paste, peanut butter or tahini? How does cooking the rice the Asian way compared to the American way? Should you seal your dumpling with egg, water or just a firm press? Things I am curious about and love to experiment with. Not just the how but the why, and as I don't have the time and resource the magazine does, I thoroughly enjoy reading about their research.

Will likely release this thin volume at the BC Con when done.