Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter

by Blaize Clement | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0312941927 Global Overview for this book
Registered by 3vie of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 2/2/2019
Journal Entry 1 by 3vie from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, February 02, 2019
Dixie Hemingway knows first-hand that many things in life are worse than a dirty litter box. Once happy as a Florida sheriff's deputy, she lost everything when senseless tragedy shattered her world. Now Dixie laces up her sneakers, grabs some kitty treats, and copes with one day at a time as a pet-sitter. Her investigations deal strictly with "crimes" such as who peed on the bed . . . until she finds a dead man face down in an Abyssinian's water bowl. With the local cops stymied—including a handsome detective who catches her eye—she decides to clip a leash on a lead or two and go sleuthing herself. Dixie soon finds out that the Abyssinian's pretty owner has vanished and left behind a shocking past, a lonely cat, and a chilling reason for Dixie to start running when she's out walking the dogs.

There were funny parts, serious parts, intrigue, mystery, murders, and of course cats and dogs. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Journal Entry 2 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, February 14, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (2/14/2019 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Tag! Sending this to kirjakko via poodlesister!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, February 18, 2019
I’m just checking in! This will join the other book I have for Kirjakko.

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Mayfair, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (3/6/2019 UTC) at Mayfair, Greater London United Kingdom

Taking to a mini meet up with Kirjakko.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkirjakkowing at Mayfair, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 06, 2019
Thank you 3vie and Poodlesister! It's always nice to meet Poodlesister on her pub crawl. Looking forward to reading this when I return home. Haven't done any cat-sitting in years, only dogs and horses. That's why I am still alive.

Pic: The Wallace Collection.

Journal Entry 6 by wingkirjakkowing at Bloomsbury, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 09, 2019
My other kitty encounter of the trip at the Grant Zoological Collection...

Journal Entry 7 by wingkirjakkowing at Bloomsbury, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 09, 2019
But if I may put in some other things I came across during my short visit to London Town; Faulty Towers Dining Experience.

Journal Entry 8 by wingkirjakkowing at City of Westminster, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 09, 2019
The Play That Went Wrong - I was hoping for a comedy, bit this was a farse.

Journal Entry 9 by wingkirjakkowing at Mayfair, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 09, 2019
My favourite gunshop - Purdey! I'm not into guns or hunting, but this shop is worth a visit.

Journal Entry 10 by wingkirjakkowing at Bloomsbury, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 09, 2019
What the Dickens? Well, it's from the Dickens Museum.

Journal Entry 11 by wingkirjakkowing at Bloomsbury, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 09, 2019
Dorothy L Sayers lived nearby Dickens, in a different century though.

Journal Entry 12 by wingkirjakkowing at City of Westminster, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 09, 2019
We didn't get into this "church"...

Journal Entry 13 by wingkirjakkowing at City of Westminster, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 09, 2019
I'm off to home now, Happy Brexit!