The Lives of Strangers

by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0349119457 Global Overview for this book
Registered by daffodil-2 of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 2/2/2019
Journal Entry 1 by daffodil-2 from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, February 02, 2019
This paperback book was bought from a stall in Hoveton St. John church (3 for £1).

It contains several short stories.
The Unknown Errors of our Lives:- Review "I wasn't expecting this book to consist of short stories as I'm not usually a big fan of these. However I enjoyed this one and empathised with Mrs. Dutta who had moved from India to the USA to live with her son and daughter-in-law and their family after the death of her husband. She was used to hanging her laundry out to dry which was frowned upon in her new home. (I too had this problem when visiting my sister-in-law in the USA but she did sympathise and provided a clothesline in her yard or garden as we like to say in the UK). I was happy with how the problem was finally resolved and will probably read the other stories hoping they will be as good as the first one.

Journal Entry 2 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, February 16, 2019
I read around half of the stories in this book but have decided not to read any more. The contents of the ones I did read was quite enjoyable but I've never been fond of short stories in general so am reserving the book for Snoopy56 who enjoys books about India, I think.

Journal Entry 3 by daffodil-2 at Wayford, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (4/17/2019 UTC) at Wayford, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was given to Snoopy56 when we met for lunch today.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 4 by snoopy56 at Ormesby St Margaret, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, April 18, 2019
This looks like a book for dipping in and out of. Generally I enjoy stories about India.