Love in the Time of Global Warming

by Francesca Lia Block | Teens |
Registered by originalslicey of Kansas City, Missouri USA on 1/28/2019
Journal Entry 1 by originalslicey from Kansas City, Missouri USA on Monday, January 28, 2019
This YA book is a beautiful, small format hardcover. It's a retelling of the Odyssey story in a present/future day Los Angeles. The protagonist is a teenage girl who is dealing with an apocalyptic event and its aftermath. She is strong, determined, and passionate. She forges her own path, convinces others to listen to her, and shows great bravery in adversity.

It's written in a beautiful magical realism style that makes the story part Dream-world, part fantasy. The young characters are interesting and diverse.

Reserved for the female empowerment bookbox.

Released 6 mos ago (1/28/2019 UTC) at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

A very interesting book, and I love how pretty this little hardcover is. Releasing to the Feminism/Girl Power bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Took out of the Feminism/Girl Power bookbox. I've seen this book pop up in ads recently, and I'm a sucker for YA so I'm looking forward to reading this.