Educated

by Tara Westover | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingQueen72wing of Hobbs, New Mexico USA on 3/21/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingQueen72wing from Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Thursday, March 21, 2019
This is an incredible memoir and very heartbreaking. It's hard to believe that families like this exist outside the system. I felt it was very similar to The Glass Castle, in the sense both authors overcame difficult childhoods and became very successful academically and professionally.

Journal Entry 2 by wingQueen72wing at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Thursday, March 21, 2019

Released 8 mos ago (3/21/2019 UTC) at Hobbs, New Mexico USA

Sending to ghir in Honolulu, HI for the wishlist tag game. Originally offered her The Killers of the Flower Moon, but she obtained a copy, so I am sending this one instead.

Journal Entry 3 by wingghirwing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, April 07, 2019
Arrived safely in the mail. Thank you, Queen72, for sharing this one from my wishlist.

Superb read. A father who does not trust the government and keeps his kids from attending school or seeing a doctor. A community that believes women need to be kept in their place. Truly inspired dread, waiting for the next horrible event to befall this dangerously neglectful family, and rooting for the author to escape before someone dies.

Journal Entry 4 by wingghirwing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, August 16, 2019
Reserved for booklady331. Media mail, 08/16/19.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, August 19, 2019
The book arrived today. Thank you so much for sharing this with me.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, August 25, 2019
Not sure how much of this is true and how much is false memory. One thing that stood out to me was how intelliegent Tara must be to have over come the lack of education. I did find it strange that the family had a computer and TV, yet they were trying to be independent of the government. Maybe it was to keep track of the government. Also, the computer was a help to the mother’s business. I still did enjoy reading the book.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (9/11/2019 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! KTM RABCK to Moody-blue from the NF VBB

Journal Entry 8 by wingMoody-Bluewing at Montrose, Colorado USA on Sunday, September 22, 2019
Thanks for sharing!