Little Fires Everywhere

by Celeste Ng | e-Books |
Registered by wingQueen72wing of Hobbs, New Mexico USA on 1/25/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingQueen72wing from Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Friday, January 25, 2019
I enjoyed this book but not as much as "Everything I never Told You." It's a drama that involves families from different walks of life, and everyone is facing their own challenges.
I read this book for PopSugar's 2018 reading prompt: A past Goodreads Choice Awards winner.

Journal Entry 2 by wingQueen72wing at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (7/9/2019 UTC) at Hobbs, New Mexico USA

Journal Entry 3 by kaila-ann at Galivants Ferry, South Carolina USA on Sunday, July 14, 2019
Yay another wishlist book! Thank you for sending!

Journal Entry 4 by kaila-ann at Galivants Ferry, South Carolina USA on Monday, August 12, 2019
This book started off pretty slow but I eventually got sucked into the story. Very descriptive writing but I felt that the characters were a little one dimensional. Since there were a lot of characters it would have been hard to really get to know them all but I felt a little disengaged because of the underdevelopment. Overall a pick and a good story but not going to be a favorite.

It’ll be on its way to a new reader soon.

Journal Entry 5 by kaila-ann at -- By post or by hand --, South Carolina USA on Saturday, August 24, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (8/24/2019 UTC) at -- By post or by hand --, South Carolina USA

Sent as part of the wishlist tag game! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Friday, August 30, 2019
Arrived in the mail today. Thanks for the tag.

Journal Entry 7 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Tuesday, November 5, 2019
I enjoyed this book. I feel this quote from the book jacket sums up the novel "Little Fires Everywhere explores the weight of secrets, the nature of art and identity, and the ferocious pull of motherhood-- and the danger of believing that following the rules can avert disaster."

One thing that I found disconcerting was the way some of the adults were referred to as Mr. "surname" or Mrs. "surname" while other adults were referred to by their first name. I noticed that the characters referred to as Mr. or Mrs. were people with money or social status and those referred to by first name were maybe of a lower social class. I wonder what underlying message the author was trying to send.

Journal Entry 8 by dabercro at Wishlist book, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Released 2 mos ago (7/21/2021 UTC) at Wishlist book, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

A tag-it-forward in the wishlist tag game sent to valpete in CA.

Journal Entry 9 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Thanks for the great surprise! As it turns out, I have read this (forgot to take it off my WishList). I'll try to find another reader who wants to read it.

Journal Entry 10 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Saturday, August 14, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (8/17/2021 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

Only one person signed up for this Ray...so off it goes to Tanamo. Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 11 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 24, 2021
The book has arived safely in the UK. Thanks a lot.