An Imaginary Life

by David Malouf | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingArvoreswing of Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on 1/25/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingArvoreswing from Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Friday, January 25, 2019
My contribution for the "Favourite book of 2018 roundabout"
I hope you all will enjoy this book as much as I did.

Greetings from the Golden Island :-)

Travelling order:
Earthcaroleanne (UK)
caroline-M (UK)
Dark-Draco (UK)
Arvores (Portugal)

Sent to Fifna on the 31st of January. SO sorry for the delay.

Journal Entry 2 by wingFifnawing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, February 06, 2019
And it has arrived safely, thanks Arvores. I loved reading Ovid at school so I'm intrigued!

Journal Entry 3 by wingFifnawing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, February 16, 2019
It was wonderful to meet Ovid again! I quite enjoyed the story but I'm still not decided on whether it felt like Ovid was actually speaking to me. This may have to do with the fact that I never read Ovid in English, so it's difficult to compare. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 4 by wingFifnawing at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, February 16, 2019

Released 9 mos ago (2/16/2019 UTC) at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France

Travelling to Icila.

Journal Entry 5 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Sunday, March 03, 2019
The book was safely waiting for me at home with Hubby while I was looking after the kids on the seashore.

Journal Entry 6 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Sunday, March 31, 2019
I wasn't in the mood for this one. It made me think of the unsettling world we are in now with the Artificial Intelligence lurking in the dark.

I'm waiting for the ok to send from Lamilla who is possibly moving.

Journal Entry 7 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, April 08, 2019

Released 8 mos ago (4/8/2019 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

Lamilla gave me the green light to send the book.

Journal Entry 8 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Thursday, April 18, 2019
Received today.

ETA: The book is telling us the life of Ovid. The language is poetic, but the story wasn't my cup of tea

Journal Entry 9 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, May 04, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (5/4/2019 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 10 by wingestelle1806wing at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Thursday, May 16, 2019
Thanks Lamilla, I have started it today as I am in a waiting room...

Journal Entry 11 by wingestelle1806wing at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Sunday, May 26, 2019
I enjoyed the story, but found it very difficult to read the style, it took a lot of energy and concentration out of me!!
Ready to fly to Canada, now.

Journal Entry 12 by wingestelle1806wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (5/29/2019 UTC) at Waterloo, Ontario Canada

Please let us know when you release it again...

Journal Entry 13 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 20, 2019
This book is now with me in Canada!

Journal Entry 14 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 11, 2019
This is a slow-moving, thoughtful story with beautiful writing. Though it's a short book, it took me quite some time to finish. It's definitely not a book to speed through.

Journal Entry 15 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 12, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (7/12/2019 UTC) at Waterloo, Ontario Canada

This book is on its way to mcsar now.

Journal Entry 16 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, July 20, 2019
The book has arrived. From the earlier journal entries, I think I need to pick a good time and mood to enjoy this one.

--------------------------------
This is a hard one to rate. The book is beautifully written but it is slow. It is something to be read slowly. There are parts that I really enjoy and that I find thought provoking. They are like a philosophy of life and humanity, of our existence and relationship with nature, very Zen .

Journal Entry 17 by wingmcsarwing at Favourite Roundabout, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (8/15/2019 UTC) at Favourite Roundabout, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

On its way to valpete.

Journal Entry 18 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Thursday, August 22, 2019
Arrived safely. It's next on my reading list.
Although a very short book, it was slow reading. Very beautiful lyrical prose; so glad I had an opportunity to read this one!

Journal Entry 19 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (9/11/2019 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

Sending this along for the Roundabout.

Journal Entry 20 by Aramena at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, September 19, 2019
Arrived yesterday.

Journal Entry 21 by Aramena at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, October 10, 2019
I've not been able to get into this book. I set it aside for a bit, and still had no desire to pick it up and continue, so I'll send on to the next participant soon.

Journal Entry 22 by Aramena at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Saturday, November 09, 2019
Mailed today and my apologies for the delay.

Journal Entry 23 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, November 16, 2019
Arrived today

Journal Entry 24 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, November 22, 2019
Sorry but I'm with a lot of the other journallers and it wasn't for me.

Journal Entry 25 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (11/30/2019 UTC) at Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom

Sending on in the roundabout.