A Long Fatal Love Chase

by Louisa May Alcott | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by gfgoddess of Ansonia, Connecticut USA on 1/23/2019
Journal Entry 1 by gfgoddess from Ansonia, Connecticut USA on Wednesday, January 23, 2019
I picked up this book from a Little Free Library and had it in my to read pile for a long time. I was surprised that I actually enjoyed this story written back in 1866. It was written as installments for a magazine, but never published until 1993 due to scandalous content. Basically, a young girl believes that a man 20 years her senior will save her from boredom and give her a better life. She could not have been more wrong and after the honeymoon period ends she finds that prince charming is not so nice and she spends her time running away from him. She uses her brain, resources, friends, skills and is usually one step ahead of him as he stalks her. Sad and tragic story that involves multiples suitors of the fair Rose.

Book travel history: Little Free Library - Pittsfield, MA

Journal Entry 2 by gfgoddess at Little Free Library in Peekskill, New York USA on Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Released 4 wks ago (10/14/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library in Peekskill, New York USA

Left on the bottom shelf in the white Little Free Library located in front of 206 Nelson Street. If you find this book, please be so kind to register its whereabouts.

This book started out as a choice from a Little Free Library in Pittsfield, MA.

Journal Entry 3 by wingtime-travelerwing at Westchester, New York USA on Tuesday, October 15, 2019
I'm so excited to catch this! I got a release alert so I went hunting and the book was exactly where you said it was, gfgoddess! Funny, I never knew there was a LFL there.

I will definitely be reading this, then will wild release it again.

Journal Entry 4 by wingtime-travelerwing at Peekskill, New York USA on Tuesday, October 15, 2019
So...I kept thinking this book sounded familiar. After a quick search, I noticed I did read it and released my copy back in 2006!!! Here's the link which has my review: A Long Fatal Love Chase

I hope to release this book again soon.