The Dry

by Jane Harper | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingAbi-Gibbywing of Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on 1/22/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingAbi-Gibbywing from Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Bookshelf declutter of previously read books, so it is finally time for this book to start its travels and find a whole bunch of new readers

Now off to the winner of the Australian literature sweepstakes

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

***Please Note***

Journal Entry 3 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, February 07, 2019
What a nice surprise to find I'm the decoy in the 2019 Australian Literature Sweep!
Love Jane Harper's books, so unfortunately, I've already read this one, but will pass it on to someone who hasn't.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Released 11 mos ago (2/12/2019 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Travelling to BooksandMusic in the USA. Happy travels little book :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, February 21, 2019
Thank you for this kindness! I am very pleased to receive this book.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, June 05, 2019
Quite a good mystery, beautifully written atmosphere.
Twenty years ago 16 year old Ellie Duncan was found drowned in the river. A piece of paper found in her possession had the name Falk written on it. Aaron Falk was a school friend of hers, suspicion immediately falls on him because of that piece of paper. He and his father suffer so much harrassment that they eventually leave all behind and move to Melbourne. At the time of Ellie's death, Aaron and his friend Luke make up an alibi that they were together hunting rabbits as they think this will protect them better, Aaron Falk having been alone at the time, Luke Hadley won't say where he was. This alibi stands but isn't believed by many.
Twenty years on, someone shoots and kills Karen Hadley, Luke's wife, and Billy, their young son. Luke appears to be a suicide and it is thought that he killed his family due to financial struggles.
Aaron Falk reluctantly shows up for the funeral and things are as bad or worse than he expected. He takes terrible abuse from townspeople who still believe he was responsible for Ellie Duncan's death. But he notices irregularities in the Hadley crime scene and the theory of how it happened. He is a policeman in Melbourne by now, although in financial crimes, and he starts working unofficially with the local police in Kiewarra to see if things aren't quite what they seem. They aren't what they seem.
Well written, consistently interesting, intense, beautiful and scary. I enjoyed reading this very much.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, October 24, 2019
I am going to put this book into the ABC VBB