Parchment and Old Lace

by Laura Childs | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 11/5/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, November 05, 2020
Pre-numbered label used for registration. Affixed the label long ago, but will release this unread as it is #13 in the series.

Amazon:
Enjoying dinner at Commander’s Palace with her beau, Detective Edgar Babcock, Carmela finds the food and the company equally divine—with the exception of Isabelle Black stopping by to brag about her upcoming wedding. Leaving the restaurant, the couple is interrupted once again—this time by a terrifying scream from inside the cemetery.

Rushing to investigate, Carmela and Edgar find Isabelle lying across an aboveground tomb, strangled with a piece of vintage lace. Carmela would rather leave the case to Edgar, but she can’t say no to Isabelle’s sister, Ellie, the tarot card reader at Juju Voodoo. As she untangles the enemies of Isabelle’s past, Carmela hopes she can draw out the killer before someone else gets cold feet.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Little Free Library, Thornton St in Woburn, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, November 22, 2020

Released 1 wk ago (11/22/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library, Thornton St in Woburn, Massachusetts USA

I'm culling many of my [thousands of] books as I will never live long enough to read them. Hope someone else enjoys it!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!