The Book Thief

by Mark Zusak | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 1/18/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, January 18, 2019
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, January 18, 2019
1939 Nazi Germany. The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier. Liesel, a nine year old girl, is living with a foster family on Himmel Street. Her parents have been taken away to a concentration camp. Liesel steals books. This is her story and the story of the inhabitants of her street when the bombs begin to fall.

This had been on my shelf for a while and I've only read it because it was part of my book group. As usual I've read this book not knowing what it was about and I think I may have enjoyed it more if I had read it at another time. I actually mislaid the book about 20-30 pages from the end and to be honest I couldn't have cared less if I never found it again. This may be an instance where the film is better than the book.

Released 1 mo ago (1/21/2019 UTC) at -- Wild Released somewhere in Edinburgh in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Left in the Little Free Library in Morrison Street as it was looking a little empty.