Murder Most Irish

Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/16/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, January 16, 2019
I got this hefty softcover at a local Savers thrift shop. It's an anthology of Irish-themed stories - plus two entire short novels, A Stone of the Heart by John Brady, and Blood is Thicker by Ann C. Fallon. I admit that I preferred the short stories and was a bit miffed that the novels took up so much space in the book {wry grin}, but if you like those authors you might find the presence of those entries a plus.

Of the other stories, my favorites included:

"The Tinker's Revenge" by D. M. O'Reilly, in which a poor tinker uses some rather devilish psychology to avenge himself on a bullying neighbor. (Possibly too harsh a retribution here, though my sympathies were definitely with the tinker.)

"Jeremiah's Lily" by Mary Ryan, a poignant tale of parted lovers and a traumatized murderer.

"All in the Way You Look At It" by Edmund Crispin is a Gervase Fenn story in which the wrongdoers are brought to a kind of justice that, while not of the courts, seems all too appropriate.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, 4 Lake St in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, March 15, 2019

Released 5 days ago (3/16/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, 4 Lake St in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on this near-summer-warm evening; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2019 Celebrate the Irish release challenge. ***