The Chinese Lake Murders

by Robert Van Gulik | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingAnneliswing of Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 1/15/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingAnneliswing from Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, January 15, 2019
215 pages

In the third installment of Robert Van Gulik's classic ancient Chinese mystery series based on historical court records, magistrate, lawyer, and detective Judge Dee has his work cut out for him. Set in 666 A.D., in the hidden city of Han-yuan, sixty miles from the imperial capital of ancient China, Dee is sent to investigate a case of embezzlement of government funds. But things are about to get more complicated for the great detective. Just before he is about to take leave of Han-yuan, the popular courtesan Almond Blossom disappears, and then a bride who dies on her wedding night also disappears from her coffin -- her body replaced with that of a murdered man. To make matters worse, Judge Dee is confronted with the dangerous sect called the White Lotus.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (2/12/2019 UTC) at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Miittiin mukaan.

Lukuiloa!

Journal Entry 3 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, February 13, 2019
I was given this at a meet-up and told it could travel to London Town with me next month. Yes it could, we will be running around the theatre district which is near Soho anyhow.
I'm not very good with historical novels or mysteries as I don't know history well enough, so I will probably just give the book a lift.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkirjakkowing at Brown Hart Gardens in Mayfair, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, March 07, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (3/7/2019 UTC) at Brown Hart Gardens in Mayfair, Greater London United Kingdom

We skipped Soho and the book was left in a Little Free Library which had very few books in it.

Oops, the picture went sideways.

Journal Entry 5 by mawria at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Found in Brown Hart Garden in Mayfair, London. Planning to read as soon as I finish my current book.

Journal Entry 6 by mawria at Tower Hamlets in Tower Hamlets, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 17, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/17/2021 UTC) at Tower Hamlets in Tower Hamlets, Greater London United Kingdom

Fish Island Adansbeck Court.