Nightwings

by Robert Silverberg | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/14/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, January 14, 2019
I got this softcover from Better World Books. It's set in what seems to be a far-distant-future-Earth, where humans have evolved into increasingly-distinct groups based on specific abilities - and duties. The main character is tasked with watching for possible invasion from outer space, with the mix of ancient technology and decadent settings lending poignancy and depth.

As the story advances - it's actually three novellas, loosely linked - we learn more about the world as it is, with hints as to what triggered the change from the world we know. And there are dramatic mood swings as the characters find their way through the rapidly-changing situation... There's actually a very hopeful conclusion here, putting a nice cap on this lush fantasy/SF tale.

Released 1 mo ago (1/16/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Revive Recovery Center in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2019 Science Fiction release challenge. ***