Debtor's Planet

by W. R. Thompson | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by jemimus of Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on 1/13/2019
Journal Entry 1 by jemimus from Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, January 13, 2019
One of my favorite Star Trek novels. Very 1984-ish.
-----------------------
When a Vulcan space probe reports that the Ferengi are advancing the people of the planet Megara from a primitive agricultural state to a sophisticated technological society, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the Starship USS Enterprise-D are ordered to transport an unlikely passenger to the system, a ruthless twentieth-century businessman who is now a Federation ambassador.
The Ferengi have been changing Megaran culture, turning a hard working and honorable people into vicious xenophobic killers. But the Ferengi are only hired hands. They have hidden masters, with plans to use the Megaran people as a powerful weapon against the Federation.
Now Picard must find a way to use the talents of this new ambassador to free the Megarans. But the ambassador is hiding a deadly secret of his own – a secret that could unleash an unstoppable destructive force on the Federation.

Journal Entry 2 by jemimus at StationsBoekWissel beneden in Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Friday, February 08, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (2/8/2019 UTC) at StationsBoekWissel beneden in Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition no8: Small print leads to large risk.

Hi! Thank you for looking up this book!
I hope you are enjoying it. Its free!
Would you considder leaving a comment here on the site to let me know you found it? I would love that :)
Once you are done with it, feel free to pass it along to anyone you want, or or to leave it at a book spot!

This is one of my old Star Trek books, from when I was at the hight of my fandom in the 1990's.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Live long and prosper!
----------------------

This book was released into the wild at the the Utrecht Centraal Stationsboekwissel on 9 feb 2019
The Stationsboekwissel is kept stocked by volenteers, people who love to read and share books. Many of them from Bookcrossing!
If you want to participate, have a look at this forum: https://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/15/557231

Have fun reading!