Cold Mountain

by Charles Frazier | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingJ4Shawwing of Boise, Idaho USA on 1/7/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingJ4Shawwing from Boise, Idaho USA on Monday, January 07, 2019
Purchased this one in the Sunday 50% off paperbacks sale at Idaho Youth Ranch Thrift Store on Broadway.

About the Book:
A soldier wounded in the Civil War, Inman turns his back on the carnage of the battlefield and begins the treacherous journey home to Cold Mountain, and to Ada, the woman he loved before the war began.

As Inman attempts to make his way across the mountains, through the devastated landscape of a soon-to-be-defeated South, Ada struggles to make a living from the land her once-wealthy father left when he died. Neither knows if the other is still alive.

Journal Entry 2 by wingJ4Shawwing at Vancouver, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Sunday, September 01, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (9/1/2019 UTC) at Vancouver, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

Releasing to Mcsar in person today.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, September 01, 2019
Thank you for picking up the book for me and for bringing it all the way over with all the others. I really appreciate it. Thank you for your very generous RABCK and for your very tired arms.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at Paulik Neighbourhood Park in Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, October 31, 2020

Released 3 wks ago (10/31/2020 UTC) at Paulik Neighbourhood Park in Richmond, British Columbia Canada

I had high expectations for the book and was a bit disappointed. It was too slow going for me. I hope the book will find other readers who appreciate it more.

==================

Dear Fellow Reader,

This is a travelling book which is free for you to read, keep or pass along.

I have registered the book at www.bookcrossing.com so that others and I can see where this book goes. I hope you will make a journal entry on the website to mark its journey; you do not have to register or sign up for anything to do so. But if you sign up, you can follow the book's journey too. I encourage you to explore the site, share books and make the world a library.

Enjoy the read.