The Island of Doctor Moreau *1001-listed*

by Wells, H.G. | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingBoekentrolwing of Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on 1/4/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingBoekentrolwing from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, January 04, 2019
Short contents:
Prendick, a naturalist, is shipwrecked on the island retreat of notorious vivisector, Dr Moreau. In a laboratory called the House of Pain, Moreau manufactures 'humanised' animals known as the Beast People, whom he controls through fear - until the terrifying day when one of his degraded victims turns against him.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, April 08, 2020
Leaving a space to write down my comment on this book. I have found an audio version, so this paper book will start its journey very soon.

An okay book, but not very interesting. At times I even thought it boring, predictable. Maybe when you look at it from the perspective of the times it was written in, that it deserves a place at the 1001-list, but for me, this is a book to cross off. Not very suspenseful at all, let alone horrific.

Released 3 mos ago (4/10/2020 UTC) at Paddy O'Ryan. Irish pub in Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

In the green bookcase outside the side entrance of Paddy's.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.

Journal Entry 4 by miekster at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, June 26, 2020
Read this book before. Reading it again.
Found this book at Raadhuisstraat, minibieb.