Stories I'd Tell in Bars

by Jen Lancaster | Humor |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 1/2/2019
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 02, 2019
Book Description: Unfiltered. Unapologetic. Older, but not wiser, Lancaster goes back to basics in this hilarious essay collection about everything from taking community policing classes to accidentally getting high with her waiter after a fancy dinner. These are the tales she'd tell if she met you in a bar... if she weren't too lazy to put on pants and go to a bar. Offering advice ranging from how to remain happily married to a man who refuses to blow his damn nose already to not creating An Incident at the cheese counter during an attempt at Whole30, she's you, only louder. As she details the chaos that will surely ensue if she has to learn to operate one more television remote control, you'll want to settle in and pour yourself a tall one. Because what's more fun than hearing a friend share her favorite stories?

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, January 10, 2019
My Review: I love Jen Lancaster, she's bold, funny and I wish I could meet her for a drink and talk to her for an hour. I have read most of her humor books, I'm so glad that Fletch got to put his two cents in at the end of most of the chapters. I picture him reading it and just shaking his head... If there are more humorous books from Jen I would love to read them.

Not sure what I plan to do with this book yet, probably offer it to another Bookcrosser.