Sula

by Toni Morrison | Women's Fiction |
Registered by wingBadgerjimwing of Augusta, Maine USA on 12/30/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingBadgerjimwing from Augusta, Maine USA on Sunday, December 30, 2018
My wife's rating. This is a novel we found in our Little Free Library. It tells the story of two black women from the same small town in Ohio who grow to live contrasting lives.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBadgerjimwing at Augusta, Maine USA on Saturday, January 12, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (1/11/2019 UTC) at Augusta, Maine USA

Mailed as a wish list fulfillment/trade to Pennsylvania.
I hope that you enjoy the book--and thanks for coming to Bookcrossing.com! When you have a moment, I'd appreciate it if you'd write a journal entry to say where this book has gone next.
You don't have to join Bookcrossing to journal this book, but I encourage you to do so--and it's free! If you do join, you can list me, or any other member, as your referring member.

Journal Entry 3 by wingReallyBookishwing at Ambler, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, January 19, 2019
Received today. Thank you, Badgerjim!

Journal Entry 4 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, July 15, 2021
This was my first Toni Morrison book. I've always assumed that she was a writer who was not really for me, but the premise of this novel intrigued me and so I decided to give it a try. It basically confirmed that Morrison is not an author for me. She does write extremely well, but the themes are heavy and dark: poverty, violence, racism, promiscuity, etc. Having said that, there were some amazing sentences in this book that I read more than once because they captured so succinctly and well some truth about human nature. I probably won't pick up any more Morrison, but there were some bright spots in this one.

Journal Entry 5 by wingReallyBookishwing at Devin Lane LFL in Jamison, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Released 2 mos ago (7/21/2021 UTC) at Devin Lane LFL in Jamison, Pennsylvania USA

I hope the finder enjoys the book!