The Little Teashop of Lost and Found

by Trisha Ashley | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 147352623X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingkiki66wing of Gauting, Bayern Germany on 12/30/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingkiki66wing from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Sunday, December 30, 2018
Alice Rose is a foundling, discovered on the Yorkshire moors above Haworth as a baby. Adopted but then later rejected again by a horrid step-mother, Alice struggles to find a place where she belongs. Only baking – the scent of cinnamon and citrus and the feel of butter and flour between her fingers – brings a comforting sense of home.

So it seems natural that when she finally decides to return to Haworth, Alice turns to baking again, taking over a run-down little teashop and working to set up an afternoon tea emporium.

Luckily she soon makes friends – including a Grecian god-like neighbour – who help her both set up home and try to solve the mystery of who she is. There are one or two last twists in the dark fairytale of Alice’s life to come . . . but can she find her happily ever after?

Wonderfully wry, heart-warming and life-affirming, Trisha Ashley's hilarious novel will charm lovers of romantic comedies. And it contains recipes!

Journal Entry 2 by wingkiki66wing at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Sunday, December 30, 2018
Well, for a start I don't think the title is fitting at all. I guess it supposedly describes Alice's life but that has nothing to do with the Teashop. And - after all -the cafe will be called "The Fat Rascal" anyway!
I was looking for another book by Trisha Ashley I would like as much as "The twelve days.." but alas! this isn't it!
The whole story dragged along, in the beginning there where as much catastrophes as one can think of, then Alice's life changed (again) and she started the Teashop. Amazingly what she all got done!
Renovating the cafe, dealing with the cheating former owner, writing a novel (which I found totally unnecessary and really bad, too!), finding her birth-mother (though from what we learn about her I would have NEVER wanted to get to know her!!) and helping another family setting up their cafe-idea and baking baking baking.. whoa! My own life seems to be so empty....
And what I can't stand at all is this "I don't think he could ever fall for me".. "What does he mean by looking at me like that - since he cannot want me" blah blah... Everyone around her sees it, but Alice is totally blind.
The only interesting thing was the turn at the end - though I am not sure it was the truth.. but I can't write more without a spoiler..

Journal Entry 3 by wingkiki66wing at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (1/9/2019 UTC) at Gauting, Bayern Germany

on its way to Camperfan -
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingCamperfanwing at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Friday, January 11, 2019
Today in my mailbox. Thank you kiki66, let's see what I make of it. :-)
Love the bookplate.