No Time to Cry

by James Oswald | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 12/27/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 27, 2018
Undercover ops are always dangerous, but DC Constance Fairchild never expected things to go this wrong.
Returning to their base of operations, an anonymous office in a shabby neighbourhood, she finds the bloodied body of her boss, and friend, DI Pete Copperthwaite. He's been executed - a single shot to the head.
In the aftermath, it seems someone in the Met wants to make sure that the blame for the wrecked operation falls squarely on Con's shoulders. Cut loose and cast out, Con channels her grief into uncovering the sinister truth behind DI Copperthwaite's death - and how it's linked to the disappearance of a girl from one of the country's wealthiest families.
But the c loser Con comes to finding answers, the greater the danger to her own life - and it's clear her enemy will stop at nothing to silence her. There's no place to hide and no time to cry.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, October 11, 2019
I read this on holiday and although it kept my attention, I have to say I prefer the Inspector McLean series by this author. This novel was just a little too far fetched,.ie. taking a cat from one end of the country to another whilst keeping it in a cage and palming it off on someone else at the first opportunity, also apparently only eating when someone offered curry or stew, going back to her old school and the same teachers still being there and still teaching when in fact they would be well past retirement and finally going to her old boss's house after his funeral and being able to get in and treat the place like home. In real life his family would have either moved in, rented it or had it up for sale if not already sold. I did like the fact that the character Rose made a brief appearance. I'm assuming this is the same Rose from the McLean novels and that there may be a link up in the offing so of course I will read more.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 24, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (10/24/2019 UTC) at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Taking to today's mini meet at Wygston's House.
If not picked up at the meet, it will be released somewhere in Leicester.
If you've found this book and you're new to this, welcome to bookcrossing! I hope you enjoy looking around the bookcrossing site. If you decide to join bookcrossing (it's free, so no reason not to if you're interested!) please feel free to list me (Tanamo) as the member who referred you. Even if you don't join I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a quick journal note so I can see where the book ended up - you can do it anonymously if you wish.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 26, 2019
Thank you, I’m a James Oswald fan so am really looking forward to reading it.